Softball is an outdoor game that has been around for over 100 years. It’s a great way to get exercise and have fun with your friends or family. With the right best softball gear, playing softball is much more enjoyable because you feel prepared and supported.
A softball is a type of ball that is used in the game of softball. Softballs are large, and they come in different sizes depending on age group and gender. A regulation softball has a circumference of 9 inches and an 8-inch diameter. We’ve compiled some helpful tips for buying the best gear when playing this popular sport!
Ways to play:
– find out what size you need (9 inches or 10 inches)
– pick up gloves that help protect your hands while still giving you grip
– get pants with elastic waistbands so they don’t slide down during playtime!
As the softball season is about to start, it’s time to get your gear ready! Find out what you need and what will work best for you in this blog post.
- Best Softball Gear For 2022
- Best Softball Bats
- 5 Best Softball Gloves
- 5 Best Softball Batting Helmet
- Tips and Guides on Buying a Softball Gear
- What Is Softball Gear?
- How to buy softballs?
- Which Glove Should I Get?
- How do you choose a batting helmet?
Best Softball Gear For 2022
If you’ve ever played softball, your gear is one of the most important pieces to your game. Without it, you couldn’t play at all! But not just for fun, but these items play an integral role in ensuring safety and protection on the field as well as giving players competitive advantages they can use to excel.
And when on a team, we need each other to succeed so if someone can’t go because their equipment got broken or lost then there’s no point in trying anymore. Here is our guide on how to find what type of best softball gear will fit with your playing style.
Best Softball Bats
1. Louisville Slugger FP Lxt X20
The Louisville Slugger FPLXTX20 has a perfectly balanced swing weight that allows for ultimate control and maximum speed. With a three-piece design that features UPDATED VCX2 Vibration, you’ll feel like the pros taking their practice.
The new Speed Composite Design with PBF Technology maximizes pop and sound while maximizing sweet spot space on contact with the ball.
From just your standard baseball player to champions in their respective leagues, this bat is a great purchase for power hitters who are looking to add an edge to what they bring out onto the field or diamond. Four models later, Louisville Sluggers’ list of MVPs goes from Babe Ruth to Jackie Robinson to Albert Pujols.
2. Rawlings 2022 Mantra Fastpitch Softball Bat
This two-piece composite is the new replacement for this year’s Quatro Pro that can be purchased in a drop 9 and 10. The drop 10 makes sense for beginners or players who like playing with lighter bats, while the more advanced high school or collegiate player will enjoy using a heavy, powerful bat such as the Drop 9.
The Rawlings Mantra has a new design that will make it easier for players to get the most out of their swing. The inner barrel is improved and thinner, so you can maximize your pop while swiping at the ball with minimal effort.
This bat also features an F2 collar which further improves balance by giving weightlessness without sacrificing power or comfort in handgrip when playing through tough innings.
Finally, this bat comes standard with Lizard Skins Grip on every model available–a feature important not just because tackiness helps keep hands from slipping off but because they absorb shock from contact much better than other grips do.
3. Demarini FP Fnx
After a successful 2022 season, DeMarini’s newest bat is getting ready to take on the competition. The 2022 FNX Rising has proved itself and now it needs to keep proving its worth in order for challengers not to come knocking at their door as soon as they are legal again.
The FNX is a bat for all skill levels, with the drop 10 being perfect for big hitters and power pitchers. The red-grip bat is for use by players who need an end-loaded swing feel while the gray one caters to those looking for less of that feeling. The USSSA, ASA, and NSA certified bats are available in three different grip colors depending on the weight of the drop. which makes it perfect for any player regardless of where they’re playing!
The Continuous Fiber barrel is made of a continuous sheet composite. It creates a stronger barrel that’s more durable and has a huge sweet spot.
A direct two-piece connection connects the composite barrel and composite handle. This maximizes energy transfer, resulting in a great feel and plenty of power. Power hitters love the FNX’s stiff feel. This is due to the direct connection and rigid seismic end cap.
Although the FNX is a great choice, it’s best for hitters who enjoy its stiff feel and aren’t afraid of the occasional sting. The FNX may be a bit intimidating for players not used to using similar bats like the XENO, but it will please bigger and stronger hitters who can generate bat speed on their own, but who player needs a powerful bat to deliver the power they require.
4. Mizuno F21-PWR CRBN
Mizuno PWRCRBN is undoubtedly their most popular bat. They have had great success with it. The Mizuno PWR CRBN, like many bats, is a balanced, two-piece, all-composite bat that has been approved for USSSA, NSA, & ISA.
There are three drop weight options: 9, 10, and 11. Drop 11 is a great option for those who require a lightweight bat with the power to generate power. Drop 10 is the most popular option for middle-of-the-road players, while drop 9, which is more powerful, is ideal for stronger and more experienced players.
The composite barrel and handle of the Mizuno PWR CRBN are made from black carbon. This significantly improves durability. The barrel and handle connect via a connection point Mizuno refers to as the dual-frequency dampener. This dampener reduces vibrations and minimizes flex to improve performance.
The connection provides less flexibility and the carbon handle is stiffened to absorb energy from hitting the ball. Instead of redirecting it at its intended recipient, the ball.
Mizuno PWR CRBN barrel technology produces a beautiful sound upon impact. Cylinder seaming eliminates dead spots in barrels for consistent performance.
This bat is very poppy and has a great feel. We loved the fact that the PWRCRBN comes fresh out of the wrapper and the super-comfortable speed-helix grip. This is one to think about.
5. Easton AMETHYST
The Easton bat manufacturer is second-most popular for softball and baseball bats. Their bats have been approved by all major leagues, tournaments and games. This Amethyst bat is ideal for fastpitch softball in the USA, Canada, and Australia. This bat is unique because it has a one-piece construction with high-quality ALX50 military-grade alloy. All major leagues approve this Amethyst, including NSA, USSSA, and ASA. This bat is renowned for its durability and bright stickers.
5 Best Softball Gloves
1. Wilson Sporting Goods 2022 A2000 Spin Control 1786
The A2000 fastpitch gloves were carefully designed with input from top college stars, elite travel players, and professionals. The A2000 glove is made from top-quality American steer hide leather and will last season after season.
This durable leather may feel stiff at first, and it might take some time for the leather to become comfortable. It’s well worth it because you’ll have a reliable glove that will last years.
2. Mizuno Prime Elite Fastpitch Softball Glove
This is why the word “elite” is so important. The Mizuno Classic Elite was designed for fast-pitch players. The Classic Elite 12.5″ glove features a thick 8T web pattern that improves ball control.
3. Rawlings January Gold Glove Club Heart of The Hide Glove 11.5
Rawling’s custom gloves can add a personal touch and style to your gear. These customizable gloves are made with top technology and time-tested materials. They will keep you on top of your game. The gloves are made from high-quality full-grain leather and have a unique design that allows two fingers to be inserted in the pinky stall. You can personalize the glove by adding your name embroidery, lace color, or flag patch.
4. Rawlings Liberty Advanced Fastpitch Softball Glove Series
The Liberty series is a favorite of fastpitch players due to its incredible comfort and ease of use. Full-grain leather is almost ready for play right away, with extra padding in the palm to reduce the sting from hard-hit balls.
The pull-strap closure ensures a snug fit that allows you to field every ball with total control.
5. Rawlings Heart of The Hide Fastpitch Softball Glove Series
The Heart of the Hide Series was designed with the female athlete in the head. It offers exceptional control at all positions. Heart of the Hide gloves features a pull-strap closure that will keep your glove in place every inning. The thumb sleeve has padded padding for added comfort and protection. Every Heart of the Hide glove is 65% ready to go so that you can get it out on the field quicker.
5 Best Softball Batting Helmet
“Softballs” are not actually soft. Although not the same as baseballs, softballs can do just as much physical damage. That’s why it’s important to have a quality softball helmet when playing the sport. Softball helmets, just like their baseball counterparts, are used primarily for head protection while at-bat.
The game is called “softball” because, when it was invented in 1887, the balls were in fact soft. It was originally designed to be an alternative to baseball that could be played indoors. Over the years, the game has changed in a number of ways. One of the biggest changes is that the ball used is no longer soft.
At nearly 12 inches in circumference, a softball is bigger than a baseball. To protect yourself from something that dangerous, you need to have the safest softball helmet available. Read on to learn about the best in softball helmets and to discover our tips and advice on how to choose one.
1. Easton PRO X Matte W/ Jaw Guard
Easton’s original Easton PROX X Matte was introduced, and now Easton has an extended Jaw Guard version!
Pro X Matte must be Easton’s most premium batting helmet. MDP tech is short for Multi-density Protections. It’s a three-layer shock-absorbing foam that absorbs all impacts. The Pro X comes with three layers of foam and a BioDri liner, which is made from an air-wrapped mesh material. It isn’t hot nor sweat-trapping. This liner is actually a springy perforated layer that evaporates moisture and keeps you cool during the game.
The helmet’s outer shell is made from ABS thermoplastic, which is well-known for its strength and impact resistance. It is lightweight, so you can wear it throughout the day. As you can see, the hard shell has many ventilation ports that allow air to flow in and out of your head and keep it cool.
Easton upgraded the PRO X model to PRO W/Jaw Guard with an extended jaw defender. This protects your face from the opposing pitcher. These batting helmets look great, with their bold and matte finishes.
2. MACH Matte Batting Helmets with Extension Flap
MACH Matte Batting Helmet It is available in nine colors and two sizes (Junior & Senior). The sleek, low-profile design allows for optimal ventilation. With the extension flap, the helmet can protect your jawline and face.
High-performance IMPAX Tech can absorb and disperse force. The helmet is made from plastic and meets the NOCSAE Standards.
3. Mizuno F6 Adult Fastpitch Softball Batting Helmet with Mask
Are you often soaked to the bone in your head? You are looking for a helmet that can withstand the heat? Mizuno F6 bat helmet is worth your consideration. Its unique design will keep you cool and protect your ears.
It is a great choice! Its unique construction is the first thing to notice. This batting helmet has been constructed by Mizuno with durable ABS plastic. It can withstand impacts from balls up to 100 mph. Its honeycomb shell design, however, reduces its weight and provides more protection.
EVA padding is found beneath the outer shell. The padding is thick enough that your head is snugly within the helmet. It also has team colors sublimated. This ensures that the padding’s colors match the helmet’s outer shell.
4. EASTON Alpha TBall Softball Batting Helmet with Mask
Are you impressed with the Easton Prowess? You might consider the Easton Alpha. The Easton Alpha is a cheaper batting helmet, but it still offers all the safety and comfort features you need.
It is a great choice! This model has a large size range, which is one of its best attributes. It is able to offer its services to all levels of baseball players. This includes both youths trying their hand at tee-ball or adults who play in professional leagues.
The helmet uses a fabric liner that absorbs moisture and helps evaporation, and a dual-density foam liner to absorb shocks and provide comfort. A strategic ventilation system allows air to flow through the helmet without fuss.
You can accept the fact that this helmet has not been NOCSAE certified. Don’t let this lack of certification cause you to doubt the quality of the helmet. This is why you might want to give the model a pass.
5. Rawlings Adult COOLFLO Molded Baseball Batting Helmet with Face Guard
Do you want a tough-looking helmet? A helmet that is just as striking on the diamond as it looks will make your opponent’s players realize you are serious. The Rawlings Adult Coolflo is the right choice for you.
It is a great choice! The Rawlings Adult Coolflo is a stylish combination of high-quality protection and cooling vents. These three elements work together to make you look and feel cool, no matter if you are attempting a difficult run to first base or getting ready to take on your first pitch.
The helmet’s aerodynamic design draws air directly into the vents to cool off. The helmet’s built-in padding molds to your head and keeps it snugly on your head. Rawlings predrilled the helmet to ensure NOCSAE approval of its faceguards.
You don’t need to be distracted by the fact that this helmet is only available in one size and one color. You’ll feel comfortable and cool in the helmet, whether you’re running between bases or at the plate.
Tips and Guides on Buying a Softball Gear
How to choose the right softball gear
There are aluminum softball, composite softball, and wood softball bats available in the market today. not all softball bats have certification so be sure to check if it is approved by ISA or USSSA before you make your purchase.
It would also help if they have a brand name like Worth, Louisville Slugger, etc because these brands are known for their high-quality softballs products. They cost more than an ordinary baseball bat but they can last longer too since softball players swing lighter than baseball batters do.
A good softball bat should be lightweight with a larger sweet spot area and less vibration when the ball makes.
There are softball gloves designed for catchers too so make sure you know the position you will be playing before going to buy softball gear.
This is a softball glove guide on how to choose softball gloves correctly:
A softball glove should be lightweight with soft leather. The softest feel is important because you will time after time have to catch the softball and if it’s too stiff, it can cause blisters on your hand. A softball glove needs to be broken in before playing or else it can’t form a good pocket to catch the ball.
For safety reasons, make sure that there are no protruding nails or stitches inside the softball gloves since this poses injury risks to softball players. Gloves specifically designed for fast-pitch softball players are recommended for first-timers because they do not require lots of breaking in, unlike slow-pitch softball which relies on batting as a primary offensive strategy.
Softball bat bag
A softball bat bag comes in handy when going to train or join tournaments. This is because they usually have compartments for storing extra softball bats and softball helmets or hats. Some bags even have cable locks that help secure your bats from getting stolen by other players while in subways, buses, or cars.
Storage compartment inside softballs bat bags come with soft lining so this can minimize any scratches of your expensive softball bats. There are also lockable zippers installed into some softball bags to keep softball players from tampering with your softball gear.
The softest feel is the most important feature you should look for in a softball helmet so it can provide protection against accidents while still allowing the player’s head to be comfortable or ideally, snug while wearing it. It shouldn’t have too much padding inside because this will result in heavy and hot protective gear that could only be used indoors or during cold seasons. The shell of the softball helmet has to be made out of durable material like polycarbonate that can withstand hard impacts.
Softball pants are not required for casual softball games but it is a good idea to have them with you if you plan on joining softball tournaments. Many softball players prefer softball pants because they feel comfortable and keep their legs protected when they crouch while fielding softballs from the ground. Some softball leagues have regulations regarding softball pant color so be sure to check this before making your purchase.
Softballs shoes can help improve your game since there is less friction than long baseball shoes so you can run faster and chase down softballs that are hit towards the outfielders. They come in different colors too so remember to buy clothes that match your softball team’s uniform.
What Is Softball Gear?
Softball gear is softball equipment used in softball.
– Catcher’s mask, Gloves, Caps, and protective pants are softball gears used by softball players.
Some softballs are designed for league play that softballs can be stitched out to make them more durable for softball leagues. Softballs have different balls with different hardness (e.g., 120, 130, 140) depending on the softness of the ball. The harder the ball is, the shorter distance it will travel or fly when hit into the air.
Softballs have different colors as well: yellow balls are the slowest changing pace from red to yellow being the fastest; orange balls hang in midair longer; these softballs are used for softball leagues.
Softballs have different sizes too and softball players can choose softball gears shades, softball gloves in large sizes that fit them.
Which softball to buy? Softball players must know the rules of play so they can decide which softball to purchase. A ball is not easily replaced during a game since it should be squished with a bat when hit: softballs will break when hit by a bat and fastpitch softballs might roll far away if hit with full force; get lost on grassy fields if hit hard.
How to buy softballs?
- When buying softballs, find out whether you prefer soft or firm harder balls.
- softballs are easier to hit but softballs can be blown away by a strong wind.
- Fastpitch softball players might prefer softball gears that are soft and durable so they won’t break each time batted against a hardball.
- Slowpitch softball players can select softballs from harder balls and also the slower softballs intended for slow play; look for slowpitch softballs intended for outdoor use or indoors when playing in leagues as well, and different hardness softballs used also in indoor games.
Which Glove Should I Get?
There are softball gloves for outfielders, infielders, and pitchers. A softball glove should be of soft material since softball is a soft sport. The softness ensures that it does not hurt your palms when catching a ball with your hands.
Softballs have hard surfaces hence soft baseball gears are the best protection. When choosing a softball glove for outfielders, there are many to select from depending on which position you play.
Depending on how far you are from the batter; the middle fielder needs a longer glove than the corner outfielder. Middle fielder needs to cover more area hence it requires extended softball gear while corner outfielders need smaller softball gear with a shorter length. This is because they do not cover as much area as middle fielders.
Softball gloves are also designed for different softball positions; softball pitcher softball catcher softball first base softball second base softball third base Depending on the position you play, choose a softball glove that best suits you.
How do you choose a batting helmet?
Choosing softball gear is not as easy as it sounds. While softball gloves, softball bats, softball, and softball shoes are very important, a batting helmet is equally crucial to your performance during softball games.
Softballs can cause severe head injuries if you do not wear the right protection. Some of the best softball batting helmets for women include Rawlings Voodoo Vintage Helmets, Easton viper helmets, Mizuno Samurai, and Franklin Armory Flak.
Have you found the best softball gear for your needs yet? Choosing a bat, glove, and cleats that suit your specific needs can make all the difference. Softball is a game where confidence can be the difference between winning and losing.
When you step onto the field, your gear should give you that extra boost of confidence to help take your game to new heights. Whether you are just starting out or looking for an upgrade on what you already have, these suggestions will get any player ready to go for their next game. Let us know if we can find anything else or answer any questions before making your final decisions!
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- Dual Density Padding: Sleek compression molded foam pads and fully wrapped ear pads
- Strategically Engineered Venting System; Low Profile Shell For Superior Fit
- SOFTBALL FACEMASK design is optimized for use with 11 inch softballs or larger
- SEI CERTIFIED PRODUCT meets NOCSAE protection standard
- SIZES: Youth (6 1/2 - 7), Small/Medium (7 - 7 1/2), Large/X-Large (7 1/2 - 8)
- EXCLUSIVE DESIGN: a CHAMPRO exclusive design, the Rise Pro Softball Batting Helmet maximizes airflow and visibility. Vent holes release heat so...
- DURABLE: This batting helmet’s durable ABS shell withstands high impacts and meets NOCSAE standard for all levels of play.
- COMFORT: A weight-optimized shell lined with impact foam and jaw pads wrapped in soft-touch moisture-wicking fabric provide excellent protection and...
- MOISTURE-WICKING LINER: The contour-molded DRI-GEAR liner wicks away moisture and helps keep batters comfortable and dry on hot days.
- LASTING FRESHNESS: A Bio-Fresh treatment provides an extra level of freshness preservation.
- Sport Type: Softball
- Package Dimensions: 21.336 L X 21.844 W X 23.622 H (Centimeters)
- Package Weight: 0.975 Kilograms
- Country Of Origin: China
- Sport Type: Softball
- Package Dimensions: 20.574 L X 23.876 W X 28.702 H (Centimeters)
- Package Weight: 0.93 Kilograms
- Country Of Origin: China
- BARREL: Our patented single disc Speed Composite Design features PBF Technology, which delivers a larger sweet spot, higher performance and an...
- CONSTRUCTION: A three-piece design centered around what players have loved for years: our VCX2 Vibration Connection System. This patented elastomeric...
- PREMIUM LS PRO COMFORT GRIP: Designed to give players added tack and cushion, our Premium Pro Comfort Grip improves feel and bat control through the...
- END CAP: The COPA Performance End Cap pairs perfectly with the Speed Composite Design of the barrel to maximize both the size and the performance of...
- SWING WEIGHT: Unbelievable performance and a perfectly balanced swing weight makes the 2022 LXT a perfect choice for every type of hitter, regardless...
- DESIGNED FOR YOUTH FASTPITCH softball players that are perfecting their swing
- CONSTRUCTED OF ALX50 MILITARY GRADE ALLOY for extended durability and long-lasting play
- ULTRA-THIN 29/32’’ handle with All-Sports grip for cushioned comfort in various weather conditions
- LIGHTWEIGHT -10 PROFILE that will help players make better contact with the ball
- CERTIFICATION: USA, USSSA (Fastpitch Only), NSA, ISA, WBSC
- BARREL: MASH Composite with an optimized dual-wall design to immediately and continually maximize performance.
- CONSTRUCTION: Two-piece design featuring our VTX Connection System, which allows for independent movement between the barrel and handle for...
- SWING WEIGHT: Balanced swing weight that is perfect for all player types.
- END CAP: NEW F2X Performance End Cap maximizes barrel profile, control and swing speed.
- GRIP: NEW Premium LS Pro Comfort Grip with increased tack and cushion for better feel and more control.
- DeMarini 2023 Juggy Slowpitch Softball Bat - 34"/26 oz
- Stack3d Double Wall Barrel Construction
- TR3 F.L.O Composite Handle
- 12" Endloaded Barrel
- Designed and Built in the USA
- DESIGNED WITH THE PERFECT COMBINATION OF POWER AND CONTROL FOR HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE FASTPITCH SOFTBALL PLAYERS - The Mantra Fastpitch Softball Bat...
- WHAT'S YOUR MANTRA? - The strongest athletes and teams incorporate mantras into their approach to this game they love so much and they've inspired the...
- MAXIMIZED PERFORMANCE - The revolutionary 3-step inner barrel design that optimizes performance, strength and weight distribution across the length of...
- BLAST MOTION SENSOR ENABLED - This is the first bat approved for game use with a new knob construction that seamlessly incorporates the Blast Motion...
- Approved by ASA, USSSA, NSA, ISF, ISA, and all other associations using 98MPH w/ABI
- Easy break in: The soft synthetic leather material is lightweight and responsive making the glove easy and quick to break in so it will be game ready...
- Adjustable: Complete with an adjustable wrist strap and contour fit system for a customizable thumb adjustment, this glove is designed to fit all...
- Durablility: Crafted of a thick, premium synthetic leather designed to mimic the performance and durability of a true leather mitt without the long...
- Hand formed pocket: The hand formed pocket provides maximum comfort and responsive feel for making scoops and catches without drops
- Note: Left hand thrower glove = worn on right hand to throw with left; Right hand throw = glove worn on left hand to throw with right
- LIGHTWEIGHT MESH DESIGN: Constructed from lightweight technical mesh, this glove gives maximum comfort and helps facilitate quick hands out in the...
- ADJUSTABLE WRIST: Designed with an adjustable wrist closure to ensure a comfortable customized fit for all players
- SOFT POCKET: The soft pocket material is designed for a quick, easy break in process and provides a dynamic, responsive feel when catching the ball
- GREAT FOR YOUNG PLAYERS: Adjustable sizing and comfortable fit make this glove perfect for Softball players of all ages
- NOTE: Left Hand Thrower glove, worn on right hand to throw with left, Right Hand Throw equals to glove worn on left hand to throw with right
- included components: baseball glove
- material type: Leather
- sport type: Softball
- Closed w/ V-Laced Web