Basketball players often suffer foot injuries due to the nature of the game. It requires a lot of grounding and moving quickly in some directions, with the full weight of your body on your legs.
Therefore, athletes need the best basketball shoes for ankle support 2023 to keep them from ankle sprains. Even though there isn’t any method of safeguarding your ankles from slipping and twisting, excellent ankle support shoes may minimize the probability of injuries.
Should you play basketball for extended, while it is a pickup game or at the expert level, you will endure a bad ankle sprain (or worse, an ankle fracture ). There’s no protection around it.
You do a jump and land on your opponent’s legs and immediately, you’re on the floor, keeping your ankles. But, there are lots of methods to decrease the danger, the most crucial of which is that a basketball shoe that has proper ankle support.
On the flip side, the basketball game demands a great deal of jumping, so the ankles are under strain the entire time. It’s normal to collide with an opponent while jumping and hugging a pillow on the floor. Even if your ankles are powerful, they may nevertheless be hurt by involving risky moves. But, ankle support basketball shoes increase firmness and enhances protection against harm.
Luckily, you can decrease the danger of injuring your ankles by acquiring a pair of basketball shoes that give a lot of ankle support. These sneakers will increase the firmness of your toes and protect against extreme movements of your own ankles which could lead to sprains or worse shoulder injuries.
Caution: If you’re recovering from a serious ankle injury or whether you sprain your legs readily and often, obtaining ankle support in your shoes may not be adequate.
The sneakers below are the ones that have been reviewed and ranked as the best basketball shoes for supplying secure ankle support.
Our Top Picks of 2023
1. Nike Air Jordan XXXIV Basketball Shoes – Best Lightweight Basketball Shoes
The Air Jordan XXXIV is a basketball shoe for ankle support, a brand new addition to the iconic Nike shoe collection by maintaining its cultural heritage. These shoes are lightweight and incredibly responsive.
This set is specially crafted with aerodynamic precision in mind and incorporates the sole. The majority of its own weight is due to the thick butt. The surface of the shoe is minimal to keep it comfy for players. Also, the equilibrium is great due to the horizontal outsole. It does not function whatsoever and supplies a super-secure plate. You might observe the substance isn’t the premium quality. However, it’s elastic, breathable, and durable.
Surprise your husband or husband with this particular pair of sneakers since a basketball present.
The covering plate is constructed from molded TPU that provides powerful stability
Eclipse plate provides excellent support during side-to-side motions for effortless crossover
The only real is hollowed which permits you to see within the only and it is helpful to decrease the total weight
Springy and reactive visible Zoom Air cushioning beneath the forefoot and heel, the more responsiveness gets animate with each step.
Multidirectional traction Together with herringbone outsole provides a solid grasp on the floor when running quickly on concrete or hardwood flooring
No more fancy, conventional tongue
Standard lacing system offers a real second-skin-like match and provides the perfect lockdown directly from the box
- Lightweight ankle support sneakers
- Super bouncy and responsive pillow
- Breathable Ripstop material with a Little synthetic from the heel
- Perfect grip
- Stop-on-a-dime Kind of traction after break-in
- Not very Great for outside courts
- A little expensive — nonetheless worth Each and every penny
2. Nike Air Command Force Basketball Shoe
The Nike Air Command Force basketball shoes would be the 90’s designed sneakers. These shoes are similar to the older fashion, but they’re extraordinarily effective at dominating the playing area with the ideal protection to the ankle.
The soft palate in those shoes can also be ideal for your players using horizontal feet and prevents them from any distress. Air Command Force is greater than normal high-cut basketball shoes, which is why they allowed their ankle protection skill.
Together with high-cut, the basketball players may move freely with spins and turn arounds in the courtroom together with the guaranteed ankle defense. The possibility of ankle injury is mitigated when you’re sporting this item.
Aside from using those shoes in basketball, they can readily be utilized as casual everyday shoes. The design is of the 90’s age, but the option of those shoes validates the security point of ankle protection.
- High-cut is your security to the ankle.
- They are light in weight and also provide soothing relaxation for hours.
- The gentle palate averts the shocks to damage the feet of this participant.
- Leather usage in these sneakers raises their life also makes them powerful.
- Players could believe these sneakers are extremely significant.
- Inner Stitching can irritate occasionally.
3. Nike Kyrie 6 Men’s Basketball Trainers Bq4630 Sneakers Shoes – Editor’s Pick
The Nike Kyrie 6 is a massive step up from its predecessors. The characteristics that make it stand out among the best basketball shoes for ankle support would be the forefoot and back materials and a strap.
While offering relaxation, the Zoom Air cushioning system also adds support and has got the power to return to its initial form after gloomy swiftly.
Named after legendary Brooklyn Nets participant Kyrie Andrew Irving, the Kyrie 6 enriches precision and acceleration quickness due to this curved outsole.
The curved outsole additionally makes this specific shoe perfect for fast side-to-side motions and exact dodges. The coming midfoot strap presses on the laces to help keep you locked in and gripped as you go around, searching for an open shooter.
- Sensational Responsiveness — Thanks to the Zoom Air Turbo unit, the shoe engages underfoot, and if you push your borders.
- Lightweight — The airy foam of the current midsole is soft, inviting, and helps you to smoothen the heel-to-toe transition.
- Extreme Agility — A multi-angle blade layout is intended to hold the courtroom in most directions. Extending to the sidewall, the shoe can supply you with the grip to roll on your advantage and move sideways immediately.
- Even though among the best shoes on the current market, the shoe begins off rigid and uncomfortable for the wearer until they fully split in the shoe.
- Considering the place they have been created for, they are rather heavy to get a shield’s shoe and can appear to be a load sometimes, particularly when a player is drained.
- Thanks to the sum of surplus cushioning at the shoe, there may be difficulty if you are searching for the ideal size.
4. Nike Men’s Lebron Soldier XIII SFG Basketball Shoes – Best Basketball Shoes for Ankle Support
Nike always equips the king of the NBA – LeBron James with all the excellent performing basketball shoes. The Soldier 13 SFG is your newest addition to the show with a tasteful high-top design. Furthermore, this great-looking shoe can be found in several vibrant colors and readily noticeable in the courtroom. This set is very famous for its pace and stiff support whilst moving and competitive dribbles. Really, it’s the best ankle support shoe because of the top and lace-less layout that delivers a totally locked-in feel.
All of the athletes believed that the Nike LeBron Soldier 13 comfy and fit true to size.
Lace-less, the layout makes it easy to wear and take off them
two straps, one goes on the top and 2nd goes round the ankle creating this pair of great ankle support shoes.
Nike Soldier XIII provides a Great second-skin lockdown texture and encouragement.
Flexible inner sleeves along with improved cushioning give a luxurious texture, and It’s More responsive than its previous version.
These Nike shoes have a grippy outsole and Excellent tractions because of the constant layout.
This set provides rigid support and stability whatever the court players.
- High-top basketball shoes for ankle support
- Herringbone grip and durable rubber outsole
- Nike Provides the Choice to personalize LeBron Soldier 13 sneakers
- Innovative slip-lock because of 2 straps, on tap and about the ankle
- Lightweight sneakers with responsive cushion
- Some users report that wearing the shoes can be a bit uncomfortable
- Uncomfortable for wide feet
5. Nike Zoom Rize Basketball Shoes
The Nike Zoom Rize is possibly best known for its advanced cushioning technologies. This mid-top poor boy has a foam that runs around the entire shoe for maximum cushioning combined with using a Zoom unit facing it.
To liven up the design, an asymmetrical lacing system is inserted into the shoe providing it a rocky yet sleek look. The service is excellent from the heel and supplies the wearer immense relaxation in the midfoot too.
The substances utilized in the production of certain shoes supply a whole lot of lockdown, traction, and management. Additionally, the grip is outstanding and praised by various trustworthy reviewers.
Proving to be a very versatile shoe equally on-court and exterior, the Nike Zoom Rize appears to the achievement underdog of shoes because many only watch it as a takedown version of the pricier Nike AlphaDunk.
- Amazing cushioning — Thanks to With the super springy Zoom Air cushioning, this shoe offers exceptional cushioning.
- Fits nicely — Unlike a couple of basketball shoes, the shoe fits extremely well and has not disappointed wearers at the fitting section.
- Perfect grip — The grip works super well on squeaky clean courts and supplies a whole lot of control.
- Issues on rapid lateral cuts — Wearers have reported minor lateral aid problems in the forefoot.
- Dust, a looming enemy — Traction has shown to deteriorate on patriotic courts as well as the shoe requires intermittent cleanings for optimal functionality.
- Lack of courtroom sense — Even though the Nike Zoom unit in the forefoot is tight, it does not provide the wearer a lot of court texture.
6. Nike Lebron XIII Men’s Basketball Shoes
It feels like Nike will pinpoint the competition. Lebron XIII is the next of Nike’s products on our top choices. Nike’s Lebron collection is extremely famous for basketball shoes, also Lebron XIII is your altered version of the series using Nike’s zoom L.E.A.P system.
The top portion of those shoes is accountable for the security of their ankles. This component is elastic yet provides complete support to the ankle and also keeps it from stretching and twisting.
These shoes are breathable because of zoom air components and thus offer pure comfort to the consumer. Aside from foot protection, feet protection is also given within this shoe with the use of gentle foam-lined collars and interior of the only.
- No doubt, the Lebron XIII is comfortable and breathable.
- The clasp is unmatched.
- These shoes are lightweight and may be used for hours.
- The rubber sole gives an excellent grip on virtually all sorts of surfaces.
- They are flexible.
- Cushioning about the heels and the top part is excellent, but these shoes are lacking at forefoot cushion.
- They might lead to trouble for a player because of their slender form.
7. Adidas Men’s Dame 5 – Best Basketball Shoes for Grip
Adidas Dame 5 sneakers have been made with Damian Lillard’s signature fashion and designed to perform fresh from the box. All these low-top basketball shoes are made out of textile breathable upper and elastic cushions keeping them comfortable and lightweight. Moreover, the pillow is open and supports each step-back jumper. The herringbone outsole permits you to change instructions even on competitive moves. What’s more, the added inner pods give exceptional comfort. As well as the midfoot barrier features stability when changing directions immediately.
Simplified yet constant grip pattern herringbone provides a good grasp on the floor. It could necessitate occasional wiping dusty courts
Adidas Dame 5 includes a balanced cushioning system that offers a bounce-back reaction
The laces maintain your foot and offer an ideal match, stop heel slipping and side-to-side moves. Additionally, the shoe is great and protect your toe from slamming
Additional heel cushions for relaxation
The net shirt is breathable and supplies tingling through the play
Flexible and responsive service from the inner heel counter
- Flexible Bounce midsole cushioning
- Perfect match with lace closure
- Very comfy shoes
- Innovative banking barrier
- The rubber grooves could flatter
- Not as bouncy as the Adidas Dame 4
8. Adidas Performance Crazy Explosive Basketball Shoe
These sneakers have a distinctive design and are the ideal combination for ankle support. These include man-made fibers and fabrics. The man-made fiber coating works around the sneakers to make them clean and flexible.
These shoes are equipped with interchangeable laces and Xenos, currently the pinnacle of sneakers, for tight yet comfortable support for the ankle.
The imported rubber sole provides a firm grip on the surface and effectively improves the participant’s control and movement on the toes. This shoe is best suited for ankle support due to its high upper.
The high cap covers the ankle and also limits unwanted strain on the ankle, preventing the harmful effects of ligament strain and tear. Jumps and landings are made for comfort due to standard cushioning in the heel and toe box.
- This shoe offers more ankle protection due to the extra cushioning of the heel and back.
- The grip of the shoes is excellent.
- Rubber only provides an improved grip.
- Modified laces put less pressure on the participant’s toes
- They don’t last many hours in the match.
- The heel is stiff and needs more time to separate.
9. Adidas D.O.N. Problem number 1 Basketball Shoe
D.O.N. Issue #1 was a star baseball player, Donovan Mitchell’s first signature shoe with Adidas. Donovan’s goal with this particular shoe is to be a great piece of entertainment that is highly aesthetically pleasing.
He was successful because that line of shoes not only offered great support but was also one of the best-looking shoes on the market.
Although it only costs $100, the substances used to make the shoes are quite good and appear to be of slightly high quality. The shoe also provides a lot of stability and grip as well as the perfect support for the talismans.
- Retail shoes at really affordable prices.
- It is clear that high-quality materials are used to make this particular shoe.
- It has perfect grip management.
- Some people today consider skates a lot – even on empty courts.
- For the low end, Problem #1 seems cumbersome and quite heavy.
- The shoe lining is extremely simple and easy to wear, making customers hesitate before buying.
10. Nike Air Jordan 1 Mid SE Basketball Shoe
“Best Shoes For Basketball”
The Air Jordan 1 Mid SE gets got the charm of this first AJ that was published in 1985. This classic design is revived with new colors to keep its allure. This shoe isn’t just great for the sport but the style look makes it wearable as regular sneakers. Specifically, the lightweight Air-Sole part is a mixer of a natural and composite substance providing its traditional appearance. This shoe design is motivated by the very first Air Jordan, which afterward became brand new. Nike has paid additional attention to its durability whilst keeping its iconic appearance.
Lightweight shoes using classic iconic appearance and heel collar
Specially designed with blended material such as composite and genuine leather Together with fabric
Air-Sole cushioning unit in the heel Offers great relaxation
The mid-top collar is padded for a comfy feel
Available in different color combinations for vibrancy and uniqueness
Nike Air Jordan 1 Mid SE has the best grip and it applies to both indoor and outdoor courts
- Available in several unique Colours
- True size match
- Best shoes for ankle support as a Result of sculpted heel and Higher cut
- The top-notch on the toe box Offers flexibility when moving
- One of those great looking basketball shoes
- The sneakers may get hot inside since it melts in breathability
- It Doesn’t have a lot of impact protection compared to other Nike basketball shoes
11. Under Armour Men’s Curry 3 Basketball Shoe
Under Armor curry is constructed of excellent quality carbon fibers with high durability. These threads will be emblematic of the Curry versions. ThreadBorne is the ribbon used in the manufacture of those shoes to make them attractive.
Impressive traction is provided by the herringbone pattern used in those sneakers. These shoes provide quality ankle support as they are specifically designed for this function.
The platform of this shoe is wide and this attribute improves stability on the court. The sole is wide, but these shoes are very light. The upper of the shoe fits comfortably to the ankle. These shoes can be comfortably put on without having to completely unlace.
- The wide soles of those shoes ensure balance.
- Thread Borne makes them attractive, a quality desired by buyers.
- The grip is substantial and enriches the player’s movement on the court.
- Carbon fiber provides more safety to the ankle.
- They are around the mark regarding design and color combinations.
- They are a bit pricey, more than Nike or Adidas basketball shoes.
- They can slip in some wet areas.
- Size problems may occur when ordering over the internet. Choose a better number than your usual shoe size.
12. Under Armor Curry 7 Basketball Shoe – Best Shoes for Weak Ankles
As most of us know Stephen Curry was a 3-star player and 3-time world champion because of his excellent ball control. Under Armor Curry, a basketball shoe specifically designed for his style of play. The manufacturer has put more effort into making it safe, responsive, and hard on the floor. Not only are they great for basketball, but they’re also top shoes for weak knees. Best of all, this set has the best grip to date and is the ideal shoe for basketball players.
High stability, comfort, and ease of movement thanks to the translucent upper on the shoe
The shoe is manufactured with faux leather TPU and mesh for enhanced comfort
There’s foam padding at the collar and heel for a plush feel
Curry 7 sneakers feel comfortable and secure due to the reflective lining inside
Under Armor HOVR™ Response Technology Delivers Extra Energy to Every Measure
Additional Micro G® cushioning adds comfort and reduces explosive energy
Every step feels secure thanks to the elastic support plate
Separate heel for the organic movement and also to help strengthen the toes
The shoe features a vivid grip and maximum floor traction and control thanks to its radial circle plus herringbone pattern and rubber outsole.
- Outstanding grip
- Suitable for many yards
- Dust-free and easy to wash
- The mattress is quite balanced
- The best ankle support shoes for basketball players
- Before the game, the forefoot may appear a bit stiff at the top but it will bounce back after being worked on during the game.
- Material is not of high quality, however, does the job perfectly
13. Nike Adapt BB 2.0 Basketball Shoes
Presently, the most expensive shoe available on the market at $400, what exactly does Nike Adapt BB 2.0 provide us that other sneakers do not?
To begin with, the clean-cut herringbone pattern and translucent rubber operate really well on-court. And of course, the Zoom Turbo and Cushion foam that’s present at the forefoot provides the wearer a bouncy, comfortable, and responsive ride very similar to that of their Kyrie 6.
Though the materials feel great in the sight and operate nicely for the first couple of days, the materials feel cheap and plasticky and add considerably to the shoe’s total bulky weight.
- It has an extremely handy self-lacing system.
- The cushioning offers good ankle support.
- The shoe raises speed and agility.
- The shoe is very pricey.
- It is quite heavy.
- The substances used are inexpensive, plasticky, and worsen the shoe functionality.
14. Adidas Performance Men’s D Rose 7 Primeknit Basketball Shoe
The other Adidas basketball shoe concerning support breaks to the top of the choice. D Rose 7 is the upgraded version of D Rose 6 in Adidas. The shoe includes a high-top to encourage the ankle. As we advocated that high-top shoes would be those that best match ankle support.
Since they supply more coverage to maintain the ankle shielded without restricting the motions of the participant. D Rose 7 has the ideal multi-directional herringbone pattern to include extra grip ability into the shoe.
These sneakers lack the grade of the only when compared to this herringbone, however, the grip-ability remains striking on all sorts of tracks.
When we arrived at cushioning, D Rose 7 is among the best shoes on the marketplace in the circumstance of cushioning. The cushioning of the shoes is the manifestation of these Adidas cushioning technologies.
- This shoe has maybe the best grip among all of the opponents.
- Splendid ankle support retains the ankles of this participant able and avoids the chance of an ankle injury.
- The venting system is all up to the mark, keeping the internal temperature below the comfortable zone.
- Neoprene cushioning on the ankle and heel components gives additional comfort during fly-ups.
- These sneakers are stretchable, so you must select an inch smaller dimensions than usual.
- The sole of this shoe is narrow, and it could irritate the players using broad feet.
15. Nike Air Maestro II Limited Basketball Shoes – Best High Ankle Basketball Shoes
The Nike Air Maestro acquired famous by former NBA basketball player Scottie Pippen and became famous sneakers since then. Maestro two Ltd is a complex version and specially designed with a leather top, asymmetrical lacing system, an internal bootie. In addition, the strap around the ankle gives a locked-down match and decent support to the ankles. This shoe has a rubber outsole and Nike’s conventional Air-Sole Unit for extra relaxation. Additionally, the perforation for venting and the Max Air unit provides a pillow into the heel for extended relaxation. Really, Nike Air Maestro two is your most effective high ankle basketball shoe.
Maestro two shoes fit secure and comfortable for ankles Because of this high-cut collar
The top portion is made with durable leather and composite overlays
Best of all, an exact Air Unit under the heel Offers excellent cushioning all-day
Perforated holes at the upper part of the shoe to ensure it is watertight
Even though these shoes seem larger in size than many others, they’re still lightweight due to Phylon foam midsole cushioning
Good grip because of rubber outsole along with herringbone pattern
- Very durable shoes
- Comfortable high top sneakers
- Suitable for indoor-outdoor basketball
- Great shoe for ankle support
- Not easy to wear
16. Adidas Pro Bounce Low
The Adidas Pro Bounce Low competes directly with Nike’s Hyperdunk. Yet more, the Pro Bounce Low is a really versatile Adidas version in regards to grip.
Might it’s some surface, the Pro Bounce Low retains up very well concerning grip. In addition, the Bounce Cushioning technologies from Adidas protect the foot and also allows for an extremely comfortable ride.
The top material, although not providing that superior Adidas texture, does an excellent job of wrapping around the foot. The ankle support that this shoe supply is phenomenal.
Another honorable caliber of the shoe is its cost. The Adidas Pro Bounce Low, due to its own retail cost, caters to virtually all audiences.
- Outstanding grip and grip.
- Well-balanced Bounce Cushioning technologies that provide superior foot protection.
- Sturdy and durable shoe.
- The substances feel somewhat cheap.
- Doesn’t work well on dusty courts.
- Requires timely cleaning to get the very best performance.
17. Under Armour Men’s Lockdown 5 Basketball Shoe
The next Armor product in our pick is the Lockdown version of the men’s basketball shoe. This shoe is one of the cost-effective shoes on the market. The tutorial is all about ankle protection, so these sneakers have a high midfoot shirt but are still pretty useful in regards to ankle protection.
The upper of the shoes is made of super durable imitation leather and mesh. This mix is responsible for providing strong structure around the ankle area, thus providing substantial support.
This shoe is of excellent protection, durability, and traction at a reasonably low cost. You are thinking about ankle protection there so you can break the array of design and color combinations with this particular program.
- They are light in weight and low in price.
- A mesh and synthetic leather blend improve ankle protection without restricting this participant’s movement.
- The rubber sole is of great quality and makes those sneakers long-lasting.
- The Micro G technology heel pad can feel a bit stiff at times.
- There may be problems with the ability to breathe in sexy places.
Things to Remember When Buying Basketball Shoes for Ankle Support
The ankle is the part of the toe that gives absolute control during the basketball game. This sport requires players to jump and land with various hints and rotations involving the feet.
Choosing the right shoe for your ankle is very important. With proper treatment, ankle injuries can be prevented or even cured.
Some basketball shoes include stiffer material in the lateral area of the foot for added stability and enhanced protection against sprains and sprains. For optimal stability along with comfort, start looking for medium cushioning in the midsole area for a good base.
If you want a good shoe that offers you on-court comfort, service, stability, and comfort, start looking for a shoe that is unlikely to last all season without tearing or tearing. or other similar problems.
High, Medium, or Low
Based on the type of ankle support you require, you must decide on the height of the basketball shoes you are wearing. Peak works perfectly to optimize speed and agility but this comes at the expense of stability and support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are basketball Shoes Good for Ankle Support?
You can go some way to reducing the danger of an ankle injury and preventing it by using perfect basketball shoes which provide ankle support. It is definitely an ideal move to maintain your own feet not only for basketball but other activities as well.
What basketball shoes have the best ankle support?
We have introduced to you the top 18 best ankle protection basketball shoes that we have compiled.
Are our high-top shoes better for basketball?
Yes, high-top sneakers are better for basketball players since they protect ankles from twisting. Basketball athletes mean to move fast and have more odds of twisting ankles. But, high-top shoes fit around the ankles and supply excellent support.
What is the Difference Between Ankle Brace and Ankle Support?
Ankle supports are often slim and weigh very little. This ensures efficacy in foot motion and aids the interaction between ground and foot. Ankle braces are made from rigid cloth and supply immobilization of the foot.
Do high-top basketball shoes prevent ankle sprains?
Yes, really! High-top basketball shoes give maximum support and protect against ankle sprains. The very best advice is to make your muscles strong around the ankle. But if they’re weak or your game demands rapid low motions, then high-top shoes are going to be the best choice to reduce ankle sprains.
Is Ankle Support Better than No Ankle Support for Basketball?
Prolonged immobilization is related to muscle fatigue due to disuse therefore that it needs to be used individually as an option and should just be utilized otherwise if it’s built in the shoe.
We’ve introduced the ideal Basketball shoes that best match for ankle support. Each of the ten shoes in the listing is suitable for ankle support. Some are pricey, and many others are cheap. Some are lasting and long-lasting.
Basketball shoes for ankle support can protect against basketball players from injuries that are fantastic. On the flip side, shoes with no ankle support may cause temporary or severe harm that may set a dip in an athlete’s bag. For that reason, it’s advisable and recommended to utilize the best basketball shoes for ankle support from 2023 to get maximum support across the ankle. Because of this, there’ll be the final opportunity to acquire any severe harm.
Without ankle supports, problems can arise and may create temporary benching for basketball players. For that reason, it’s very important to have shoes that encourage your knees and make it a lot easier to run upon the courtroom with no unease or discomfort.
Shoes with no good ankle support may cause horrific accidents that may, not just, temporarily seat players but also force gamers to press pause in their professions.
You’re suggested to test our chosen shoes whenever you have to use basketball shoes for both poor and feeble knees. We guarantee you excellent ankle protection together with good functionality.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like: